The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One, crafted in a soft cotton blend, is equipped with a sturdy waist belt and padded, form-fitting shoulder straps to make it comfortable for carrying a growing child from newborn up to the age of three years. The waist belt allows you to support the child's weight on your hips, and avoid back and shoulder discomfort. You can vary between four ergonomic carrying positions throughout the period of use, with your child sitting in either the normal or wide leg position.
4 front and back carrying positions
- Optimal height position for your newborn. There is a special facing-in carrying position for newborns to allow you to carry your baby high up on your chest and close to your heart. This provides you with eye contact and all-important closeness, while allowing you to supervise your baby's breathing.
- Lower height position for older babies. After about four months, it's time to start using the lower height position. For added comfort, you can adjust the width of the leg openings in the facing-in position.
- Front-facing option. From five months onwards, you can fold the head support down and carry your baby in a front-facing position, or switch between the facing-in and front-facing position. At this age, your baby's neck, hips and spine are sufficiently developed for him or her to be carried in this position. Most babies delight in discovering the world while safely resting against mom or dad's chest.
- Simple and secure back carrying position from 12 months. With your toddler facing in, swivel the whole baby carrier from front to back. The shoulder straps will remain on your body like a closed loop, ensuring that your toddler is secure during the process. Simple, safe and comfortable - all in one easy movement. Max. 33 lb/39 in.
Perfect for newborns - built-in infant insert
Baby Carrier One is anatomically designed to adapt to the changing needs of your growing child and is perfect for newborns. This means you don't need any infant insert in the baby carrier for your newborn's earliest days.
The upright position keeps airways free and allows you to monitor your baby's breathing.
Free arms and legs
Legs and arms can move freely in the Baby Carrier One, allowing your child to develop muscles, motor skills and balance.
BabyBjorn recommends carrying your baby facing you for the first five months. Once your child's neck, back and hips are strong enough, you can switch between the facing-in and front-facing position. Most babies delight in discovering the world while safely resting against your chest.
Always at the ready
Convenient baby carrier that can be rolled up and placed in your diaper bag or under the stroller when not in use.
Developed with pediatricians
This product was developed in close collaboration with pediatricians. We work with leading pediatricians, midwives and child psychologists. Their medical expertise is extremely important to us and they provide us with invaluable input when we develop new products. We never launch a product without their approval.
oeko-tex standard 100
All materials that come in contact with your child’s skin meet the requirements of OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products. This means that they’re kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste. So, there’s no need to wash the baby carrier before you start using it.
- Ergonomic, soft and comfortable
- Fully adjustable size and seat width
- Baby wearing from newborn to 3 years, plus facing-out & back carrying
- 4 front and back carrying positions
- Built-in infant insert
- Ergonomic leg position and adjustable head support
- Hip-friendly baby carrier
- Padded shoulder straps and pressure-relieving waist belt for superior carrying comfort
- Supreme softness and flexibility of the cotton blend, you can both see and feel that your baby is being carried in a natural position
- Tested and safe for 0–3 years, 8-33 lbs and 21-39 in
- Minimum age outward-facing: 5 months
- Maximum weight outward-facing: 26 lb
- Soft and flexible cotton blend is 60% cotton and 40% polyester
Baby Carrier One is machine washable on warm. It should be washed separately and should not be tumble dried. Please use a mild, eco-certified detergent, strictly follow dosing instructions, and preferably avoid fabric softener.