The BABYBJÖRN Baby Carrier One Air is amazingly breathable and let you carry your baby without getting too hot. Our unique mesh fabric is super soft on your baby’s skin, and yet extremely durable. The baby carrier offers you the same baby wearing advantages as our cotton Baby Carrier One: closeness to your child while keeping your hands free. It's easy for you to switch between several front and back baby wearing positions.
4 front and back carrying positions
- Optimal height position for your newborn. There is a special facing-in carrying position for newborns to allow you to carry your baby high up on your chest and close to your heart. This provides you with eye contact and all-important closeness, while allowing you to supervise your baby's breathing.
- Lower height position for older babies. After about four months, it's time to start using the lower height position. For added comfort, you can adjust the width of the leg openings in the facing-in position.
- Front-facing option. From five months onwards, you can fold the head support down and carry your baby in a front-facing position, or switch between the facing-in and front-facing position. At this age, your baby's neck, hips and spine are sufficiently developed for him or her to be carried in this position. Most babies delight in discovering the world while safely resting against mom or dad's chest.
- Simple and secure back carrying position from 12 months. With your toddler facing in, swivel the whole baby carrier from front to back. The shoulder straps will remain on your body like a closed loop, ensuring that your toddler is secure during the process. Simple, safe and comfortable - all in one easy movement. Max. 33 lb/39 in.
Perfect for newborns - built-in infant insert
Baby Carrier One is anatomically designed to adapt to the changing needs of your growing child and is perfect for newborns. This means you don't need any infant insert in the baby carrier for your newborn's earliest days.
The upright position keeps airways free and allows you to monitor your baby's breathing.
Free arms and legs
Legs and arms can move freely in the Baby Carrier One Air, allowing your child to develop muscles, motor skills and balance.
Ergonomic Leg Position
The seat width is fully adjustable by a zipper, and ensures an ergonomically correct position for your child’s hips.
Adjustable Head Support
The head support is easily adjustable and give the right support to your baby’s head.
Hip-friendly baby carrier
The International Hip Dysplasia Institute has tested Baby Carrier One Air and acknowledges it to be “hip-healthy”. This means that the baby carrier provides the correct support to your child’s hips and encourages good hip joint development.
Always at the ready
Convenient baby carrier that can be rolled up and placed in your diaper bag or under the stroller when not in use.
The super-soft 3D mesh makes Baby Carrier One Air feel even more comfortable against your baby’s delicate skin. The on-trend hole pattern is different to previous versions of Baby Carrier One Air. The 3D mesh gives the baby carrier stability, while the breathable fabric stays pleasantly cool when you’re baby wearing.
Developed with pediatricians
This product was developed in close collaboration with pediatricians. We work with leading pediatricians, midwives and child psychologists. Their medical expertise is extremely important to us and they provide us with invaluable input when we develop new products. We never launch a product without their approval.
oeko-tex standard 100
All materials that come in contact with your child’s skin meet the requirements of OEKO-TEX Standard 100, Class 1 for baby products. This means that they’re kind to your baby’s skin and safe to taste. So, there’s no need to wash the baby carrier before you start using it.
- Crafted in cool and airy 3D mesh
- Ergonomic, soft and comfortable
- Fully adjustable size and seat width
- Baby wearing from newborn to 3 years, plus facing-out & back carrying
- 4 front and back carrying positions
- Built-in infant insert
- Ergonomic leg position and adjustable head support
- Hip-friendly baby carrier
- Padded shoulder straps and pressure-relieving waist belt for superior carrying comfort
- Tested and safe for 0–3 years, 8-33 lbs and 21-39 in
- Minimum age outward-facing: 5 months
- Maximum weight outward-facing: 26 lb
- 3D mesh is made of 100% polyester, a super-soft, flexible fabric that dries quickly after washing
Baby Carrier One Air is machine washable on warm. One advantage of our 3D mesh is that it dries super fast! The baby carrier should be washed separately and should not be tumble dried. Do not use fabric softener since it impairs the quality of the 3D mesh.